PsychTests.com advancing psychology and technology
tel 514.745.8272 fax 514.745.6242
CP Normandie PO Box 26067 l Montreal, Quebec l H3M 3E8
TTyyppee AA PPeerrssoonnaalliittyy TTeesstt -- RReevviisseedd
An 87-item test assessing whether one has the characteristics traits of a Type A, Type B, or Type C
personality. The higher the score, the closer the match between the test-taker and the characteristic traits
of a Type A personality. In addition to a pre-dominant personality type (general score), scores on the
following ten sub-scales are measured and interpreted.
1. Competitiveness: measures inclination to compete even in non-competitive situations.
2. Time Urgency: measures state of being hurried and under pressure, inclination to be impatient.
3. Hostility/Anger: measures conflict, opposition, or resistance in thought, principle or action;
outbursts of frustration
4. Negativity: measures pessimism, dissatisfaction, distrust, and discontentment.
5. Perfectionism: measures tendency to be overly critical and/or demanding of self and/or others.
6. Tough-Mindedness: measures tendency to be a cold, unfeeling character, rigid in thought and
conduct, and discomfort in expression of emotion.
7. Inability to Relax: measures ability to relax, wind down, take a break, and enjoy the little things.
8. Reward Orientation: measures external/internal locus of control.
9. Drive: measures achievement-orientation.
10. Workaholism: measures balance between social and work life.
Sylvain, V., Jerabek, I., (2002). Type A Personality Test -Revised. Queendom.com,
Sample Size: 49435
The study includes men and women, aged 10 to 70, who took the test on the Queendom.com website.
Number of questions: 87
Copyright Plumeus Inc. 2003 2
See Annex 1 for Descriptive statistics
Copyright Plumeus Inc. 2003 3
What traits does a type a personality have? Type A personality traits tend to be overly competitive and perfectionists. If their needs in time management aren’t met, this can often make the person hostile and aggressive. Furthermore, a type a personality can be susceptible to heart attacks.
Creator: type_A_personality_r.doc - Microsoft Word
Producer: Acrobat PDFWriter 4.0 for Windows NT
CreationDate: Thu Feb 6 13:19:48 2003
Page size: 612 x 792 pts (letter) (rotated 0 degrees)
File size: 477905 bytes
PDF version: 1.2