Reading Comprehension Questions Martin Luther King, Jr.
1. When was Martin Luther King, Jr. born?
2. Where was Martin Luther King born?
3. What section of the country was his home? North, South, East, or West?
4. As a young boy, Martin noticed Blacks and Whites were treated differently. Write an example of this from the story.
5. Martin studied Ghandi. What was Ghandi’s idea on how people should settle their disagreements?
6. Did Martin agree with Ghandi?
7. Rosa Parks caused the laws to be changed in Montgomery. How did she do this?
8. Why was MLK put in jail?
9. What great honor did Martin Luther King receive in 1964, and why was it important?
10. When and where did this leader die?
11. Why is the third Monday of January celebrated as Martin Luther King Day?
1. January 5, 1929
2. Atlanta, Georgia
4. One example: Martin was not allowed to play with a young White boy because he was Black. The young boy’s mother did not want him with Black children.
5. Ghandi believed disagreements should be settled peacefully.
7. Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on the bus to a white man. Martin asked all Blacks not to ride the buses. It took one year for a new law to be made that gave everyone the same rights.
8. King was put in jail many times because some people thought that if he was in jail he would not be able to give speeches.
9. In 1964, King received the Nobel Peace Prize. The whole world could now see the work he was doing for equal rights and peace.
10. Martin died April 4, 1968 in Memphis, Tennessee.
11. In 1983, President Reagan signed a bill making the third Monday of every January a national holiday to celebrate Martin Luther King’s life.
What is Martin Luther King Jr reading comprehension question? Reading Comprehension Questions Martin Luther King, Jr. When was Martin Luther King, Jr. born? Where was Martin Luther King born? What section of the country was his home? North, South, East, or West? As a young boy, Martin noticed Blacks and Whites were treated differently. Write an example of this from the story. Martin studied Ghandi.