Home / holt mcdougal algebra 1 answer key / Houghton Mifflin Algebra 1 - California Department …
This advisory recommendation has not been approved by the State Instructional Quality Commission
or the State Board of Education.
REVIEW PANEL ADVISORY RECOMMENDATION
2014 MATHEMATICS PRIMARY ADOPTION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS
|Publisher |Series |Grade Level(s) |
|Houghton Mifflin Harcourt |Algebra I: Analyze, Connect, Explore California ©2015 |Algebra I |
The Mathematics program Algebra 1: Analyze, Connect, Explore California ©2015 is composed of, but not limited to, the following items: Student Edition (SE); Interactive Student Edition; Teacher Edition (TE); Online Student Edition; Teacher Resource Management Center; Differentiated Instructions Resources with Answers; Assessment Resources with Answers; Solutions Key.
Algebra 1: Analyze, Connect, Explore California ©2015 is recommended for adoption because it is aligned with the California Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and meets the rest of the evaluation criteria approved by the State Board of Education for this adoption.
Criteria Category 1: Mathematics Content/Alignment with Standards
The program supports teaching to the California Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, and does cover all of the evaluation criteria in category 1.
The criteria listed below are covered:
• Criterion #1: Algebra 1, SE pp. G2–G46
• Criterion #2: Algebra 1, TE p. 202 (Use slope to write linear functions); pp. 256 TE (fitting lines to data)
• Criterion #2: Algebra 1, TE p. 41 “Questioning Strategies” – MP.3
• Criterion #2: Algebra 1, SE pp. 691, 701–708, 709–716 (create equations in one variable)
• Criterion #10: Algebra 1, TE pp. 13, 21
• Criterion #12a: Algebra 1, TE pp. 8, 16; SE pp. 11, 12, 22, 56
Criteria Category 2: Program Organization
The organization and features of the instructional materials support instruction and learning of the Standards.
• Criterion #1: Algebra 1, TE pp. CA2–CA9
• Criterion #3: Algebra 1, TE pp. 4, 26, 48, “Are You Ready? Quiz”
• Criterion #7: Algebra 1, SE pp. CA2–CA9, CA14–CA16
Criteria Category 3: Assessment
The instructional materials contain strategies and tools for continually measuring student achievement. Assessments provide guidance for the teacher in determining whether the student needs additional materials or resources to achieve grade–level standards and conceptual understanding.
• Criterion #1: Algebra 1, SE p. 7 “Reflect #1”
• Criterion #2: Algebra 1, SE p. 45 “Ready to Go On?”; SE p. 46 “Assessment Readiness”
• Criterion #5: Algebra 1, TE p. 48 “RtI”; Personal Math Trainer
Criteria Category 4: Universal Access
Students with special needs are provided access to the same standards–based curriculum that is provided to all students, including both the content standards and the standards for mathematical practice. Instructional materials provide access to the standards–based curriculum for all students, including English learners, advanced learners, students below grade level in mathematical skills, and students with disabilities.
• Criterion #1: Algebra 1, TE pp. 7A, 7B, 10; TE p. 18 (Guidance and Differentiation)
• Criterion #3: Algebra 1, TE pp. 15A–15B; TE p. 54 (strategies for disabilities ELL); SE pp. 97–98
• Criterion #6: Algebra 1, SE pp. 5–7; TE pp. 5–7, 9, 7B, 15B (Vocabulary ELL Support)
• Criterion #8: Algebra 1, SE pp. 29, 30, 51, 412
Criteria Category 5: Instructional Planning
The instructional materials contain a clear road map for teachers to follow when planning instruction.
• Criterion #1:Algebra 1, TE pp. 1A–1F, 7A, 7B (Teacher’s Annotations)
• Criterion #6: TE Solutions Key (Solutions to all exercises)
• Criterion #9: Algebra 1, TE pp. 1C–1D (Multimedia)
Criteria Category 6: Teacher Support
The instructional materials are designed to help teachers provide mathematics instruction that ensures opportunities for all students to learn the essential skills and knowledge specified for in the California Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.
• Criterion #2: Algebra 1, TE p. 7 “Avoid Common Errors”; TE p. 11
• Criterion #6: Algebra 1, TE p. 15A “Learning / Content Objective”
• Criterion #7: TE pp. 1E–1F “Math Background”
• Criterion #9: Algebra 1, TE pp. 501, 525, 533 “Algebra Tiles”
Edits and Corrections:
The following edits and corrections must be made as a condition of adoption.
This advisory recommendation has not been approved by the State Instructional Quality Commissionor the State Board of Education.
© California Department of Education, August 22, 2013