Home / kps hac center / Home Access Center FAQ

Home Access Center FAQ - kps hac center

Home Access Center FAQ-kps hac center

Frequently Asked Questions (Q), Answers (A) & Troubleshooting Tips
Q: Who can use Home Access Center?
A: The parent/guardian who registered using the HAC registration form (One login per
household) can use Home Access Center.
Q: How do I connect to Home Access Center?
A: From the Home Access Center link on district's website or by directly going to the Home
Access link http://yonhomeaccess.spihost.com.
Q: What information is available on Home Access Center?
A: Currently the parent portal offers child's class information and/or class schedules, report
cards (grades 7-12), progress reports (Grades 7-12, PK-6 is optional), demographic
information that is on file with the District (with the exception of emergency contact's cell
phone numbers), transportation information, and attendance. The Home Access Center also
allows parents to update their telephone numbers, email address as well as child's doctor
information. Once logged on, click on each icon on the top of the screen to see your child's
Q: How do I get my Username and Password?
A: By filling out the home access registration form and returning it in person to your child's
school accompanied by a photo ID. Instructions are listed on the Home Access packet if
Q: When attempting to sign on to Home Access Center, it is saying that my name and
or password are not found. What should I do?
A: The HAC system checks against our records to make sure that the person requesting the
account exists. This means that the name must match identically to what you originally
provided and we have on record. For example, if your name is Peter in our system and you to
sign up as Pete, you will not be recognized. Please be sure to sign up using the name on
record with the District. If this does not work, please contact us at
homeaccess@yonkerspublicschools.org we will help you troubleshoot the issue.
Q: I forgot my Username and/or Password. What should I do?
A: After logging onto the Home Access site, click on "forgot my username or password" and
follow the prompts from there.
Q: How do I change my Password once I am logged on?
A: Once you are logged on, you will see a link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
"My Account". Click on My Account and follow the prompts from there.
Q: I can only see one of my children in the Home Access Center.
A: Once logged on, click on "Change Student" located on the top right side of screen. If you
still cannot see all your children please contact us at
homeaccess@yonkerspublicschools.org we will help you troubleshoot the issue.
Q: I have more than one student in the District. Must I have multiple separate
A: No, if the students are linked, only one account is needed. However, this requires
consistent information for the guardian of the students. The account cannot have two different
names or addresses. Please contact us at homeaccess@yonkerspublicschools.org about
having the students linked to a single user account.
Q: Can I look at information for a prior school year?
A: No. Home Access Center provides student information for the current school year only.
Q: Can I email teachers from the Home Access site?
A: Yes. Once logged onto the HAC site, click on the name of the teacher you wish to email.
Q: How can I keep a record of my child's report card?
A: If you wish to keep a history of your child's grades you will need to save or print the report
card. The report card can be saved as a PDF on your computer or can be printed in PDF
Q: How can I print out a report card?
A: When you are on the report card screen in the HAC, for the marking period you wish to
print, click on the "print" button located on the right side of the report card screen. It will print
out the report card in a PDF format.
Q: I do not see my child's report card or Interim Progress Report.
A: Home Access Center will close the report card and interim progress report screens
periodically while the school buildings are preparing the updated report card and/or interim
progress report.
Q: Can I print a Transcript?
A: No. Transcripts are not available on the HAC at this time. Please contact your child's
Guidance Counselor for a copy.
Q: Is my child's information secure?
A: Yes. Users are required to enter a unique User ID and Password to logon to the system,
and the information is encrypted when delivered using the Secure Socket Layer connection.
Please contact us at homeaccess@yonkerspublicschools.org
we will help you troubleshoot the issue.