MailChimp Instruction Manual
This manual contains instructions on how to set up a new email campaign, add and remove
contacts and view statistics on completed email campaigns from within MailChimp.
Throughout the document we have placed screenshots to help clarify the instructions, with the
important areas highlighted in orange.
Table of Contents
Logging into MailChimp 2
Left?hand navigation overview 2
Creating and sending an email 3
Adding content to email template 5
Adding hyperlinks 7
Changing template images 9
Adding images inline with text 10
Upload and link to a file 12
Hiding a section of text 12
Sending a test email 13
Scheduling an email 14
Adding contacts to the database ? individually 16
Adding contacts to the database ? large groups (list import) 17
Unsubscribing contacts ? individually 20
Unsubscribing contacts ? large groups 21
Viewing email campaign statistics / reports 22
Printing a report 22
Contact Us 22
Logging into MailChimp
1. To log into your account, open a web browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet
Explorer) and go to: http://mailchimp.com.
2. Click on Log In at the top?right of the page and enter your username and password.
3. You will see the following screen:
Left-hand Navigation Overview
1. Campaigns is where you'll find previously sent emails and where you can create new
2. Lists is where you can add, remove and edit contacts' details.
3. Reports is where you can view statistics on sent campaigns.
Creating and sending an email
1. Click on Campaigns in the left?hand menu.
2. Click Create Campaign.
3. You will see the following screen. Choose Regular ol' Campaign:
4. Note: from here on you can choose to exit at any time by clicking Save & Exit at the
top?right of the screen.
5. You will be taken to the following screen. Choose the list you want to send to. Then click
How do I contact Mailchimp for help? trend mailchimp.com. To contact our support team from your account, follow these steps. After you've logged in, click the Help icon. Click Mailchimp Assistant for self-paced guidance in a chat format, or Help & Support for more options. In the Help & Support menu, you can choose Mailchimp Assistant, Email us to send an email, or Chat With Us to ...