Wellness Program Announcement Letter
As one of our valued employees, much of our company’s strength and success depends on you. We spend many hours of the day together. That’s why I want to make sure that our workplace helps you maintain or even improve your health. Good health is a resource that helps us all meet our goals.
I strongly believe that the everyday choices we make can help us live healthier and happier lives, both at work and at home. Therefore, beginning ____[date]____, ____[your company name]____ will offer a new wellness program that will help all of us increase our knowledge about health matters, explore fun ways to eat healthier, improve our level of physical fitness, and more.
The program is completely voluntary, but I hope you’ll find activities that inspire you to participate. For example, you will have access to:
[Adjust these to fit your program]
- a $50 bonus when you complete a health risk assessment, which will help you understand your current health and your best options for making improvements
- affordable discounts at local fitness clubs
- regular meetings during lunch breaks where experts on topics like fitness, nutrition, and stress management will provide information and tips on how to make changes and feel better
- potlucks and contests featuring healthy food with lots of fruits and vegetables
- a qualified health coach to talk over the practical aspects of setting and meeting your new health improvement goals
I’ll be working toward various health goals of my own, as part of this effort to build a healthy company here at ___[company name]___. If you see me looking tired after a workout or grumpy after a week without cigarettes, I hope you’ll give me a wave of encouragement!
Please encourage your coworkers to join in the fun. After all, what better teamwork and support network could you have than the people you see every day?
Soon, you’ll see posters and fliers throughout the company promoting this new initiative, including more information about the special kickoff party in the employee lunchroom on [date]! In the meantime, if you have questions about the program, feel free to contact ____[name an appropriate person from your wellness leadership team or HR department]____. I look forward to sharing this program with you.
In good health,
________[Your name and title]________